Just about a year ago, I decided to start my journey into more high-end make up, starting with the YSL Touche Eclat, then moving onto my first bottle of my beloved NARS Sheer Glow.
After many trials and tribulations, I definitely have a core set of luxury make up which I always go to and I thought I would share it for those also wanting to try to branch out into more luxury products. Beware, the whole set costs £262, and these are literally just the basics.I haven’t factored in eye brow products or eyeshadow, as I don’t wear these on a daily basis, however I have included everything else I use on a daily basis.
I would also just like to mention that I don’t just use these, I find my best face can be achieved with a mix of drug store and luxury products, however if you’re looking for something more high end in your basics, then I hope you can take some inspiration from my list!
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Liquid Foundation Shade B20 £33 This recently overtook my love of NARS Sheer Glow, purely on the basis that it provides such natural coverage and doesn’t feel like you’re wearing make up at all. It feels as though you just have moisturiser on, and yet your skin just looks fabulous and glowy. People always mention how healthy I look when I wear this, because wearing this just looks like my natural skin.
- Chanel Le Blanc Multi-Use Illuminating Liquid Base £33 This is a great all rounder as a brightening base under your make up, but also as a highlighter for the rest of your face. It makes you look healthy and bright without being glittery or shiny, and keeps your make up lasting much longer throughout the day.
- Charlotte Tilbury Mini-Miracle Eye Wand Shade 2 £29 I love this concealer as it not only is it a really great concealer for under your eyes as it is creamy and bright, but it is double ended with the other end containing Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Eye Cream, too. I’ve actually run out of this concealer but still have a lot of the eye cream left, so pop a bit of this on before whatever else I am wearing.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers £20 As I mention a lot throughout my site, I have incredibly straight eyelashes so really cannot live without my eyelash curlers! I used to just buy any old pair from Boots, however when I started to watch makeup tutorials I noticed a lot of makeup artists including Lisa Eldridge using these and recommending them, so I thought why not! And I was pleasantly surprised. My eyelashes have never looked better and use them every day, so even though £20 seems quite a lot, they are worth every penny.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm £23 This was the first high end blusher I ever purchased and the only one I have used ever since! This is a cult favourite and it’s easy to see why. It is a slightly coral pink which means that it suits all skin tones, plus it has tiny illuminating pigments as well meaning that your cheeks already look highlighted and have a healthy glow to them. As you can probably tell, I do love a glowy look!
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl £23 I have always been a lover of the Mac lipsticks, particularly the Viva Glam range or Velvet Teddy, however recently Charlotte Tilbury’s lipsticks have overtaken and I am absolutely in love with Bond Girl. It’s darker than a neutral, but more subtle than a bright red. It’s a great in between meaning that you can wear it for every day, or on a night out.
- Mac Lip Liner in Spice £12.50 This is a brilliant colour for the ‘your lips but better’ look, plus I use it with a lot of my lipsticks, whatever the shade, as it just blends in well to any colour as it is so natural and creamy.
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer £23.50 A great matte bronzer! It is slightly orange, but it’s a lovely colour and not too obvious on your face. You can use it as a light sweep in areas where the sun would hit your face, or blended well as a contour colour. Overall, whatever your skin tone, this is a pretty good standard bronzer that anyone should give a go.
- Benefit ‘They’re Real’ Lengthening Mascara £19.50 I usually use my Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, but before I discovered this, Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara was hands down the best. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this mascara and it is absolutely brilliant and recommend it for those with normal eyelashes! I just need more of a hold to keep my eyelashes curled, but when on a night out and I need another layer and volume, I always go for this mascara because it is lovely.
- Benefit Liquid Highlighter Luminescent Complexion Enhancer High Beam £19.50 I wasn’t sure about this at first as it’s very pink and I prefer more of a golden highlight, but this is such a nice highlighter, if not for your cheek bones but for brow bones and cupid bows, and definitely in the inner corner of your eye. It gives you that healthy and glowy finish that every body wants,and makes paler skin tones get the sunkissed look without looking orange!
- Bare Minerals Original Mineral Powder in Light £26.00 In the summer, I can get away with just using this and no foundation underneath. However, if you need a little more coverage and staying power for liquid foundation, this is great to wear on top as it’s not very detectable on your face and being a mineral powder, it’s also good for your skin.
TOTAL SPEND: £262 (Eeek!)
I hope you liked this post. If you want a recommendation for another product then please let me know, as I thought I’d just include the basics that I would personally wear day-to-day. These are obviously the products that work for me and might not for every body else, but I’d be more than happy to help if you would like another recommendation! And any other posts you would like to see, please let me know!