I thought I would do a quick rundown of my everyday makeup that I am enjoying at the moment. The look I tend to go for is a natural, glowy and fresh with neutral tones and subtle, pretty eyes. Enjoy!
- PRIME: I firstly prep my skin after my morning skincare routine with a primer. At the moment I am loving Charlotte Tilbury’s Wonderglow. I wasn’t completely impressed at the beginning with this but the more I use it, the more I like the way it makes my skin look – glowy, but not glittery.
2. FOUNDATION: At the moment I am loving the new formula of Bourjois’s Healthy Mix Foundation. It’s glowy, dewy, gives great coverage and still looks like skin. I actually prefer this now to the serum version and am definitely going to write a review soon on this. I use this in shade 53 Beige Clair (Light Beige).
3. CONCEALER: An oldie but a goodie. As my skin has got so much better recently I haven’t really needed to conceal any blemishes, but as always my dark under-eye circles have needed a bit of TLC. The Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer is great for these as it hydrates your skin as well as giving an airbrushed effect on any imperfections.
4. EYEBROWS: After many years of loving Benefit’s Gimme Brow, I have switched over to – yes, you guessed it – Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Brows. It is a much better product as it grabs the finer hairs of your eyebrows and gives them definition, rather than just putting product in. To me your brows feel fuller but not dried up with product. Real supermodel brows are definitely achievable with this – I use mine in the shade ‘Linda’.
5. BRONZER: My trusty old Mac Bronzer. I probably use Charlotte Tilbury’s Film Star n Glow as much as this but I had to have some variation in there somewhere! This bronzer is a nice terracotta shade and not too ashy like some. It gives a lot of subtle warmth to the face without looking dirty.
6. BLUSHER: Again, I didn’t want to put another CT product in there, so other than my NARS Orgasm, this Max Factor Creme Puff Blush is another really great product and gives a little bit of highlight, too, in the same way as NARS Orgasm also does. Also a good dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes. I have used the shade in Seductive Pink.
7. MASCARA: Stupidly realised I haven’t added the mascara in the photo, but for this look I have really been liking Max Factor’s 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black Waterproof, curled with my beloved Shu Umera Eyelash Curlers. This mascara is great for holding your lashes up and lengthening them without being clumpy or spidery.
8. LIP LINER AND LIPSTICK: Well I had to add this as it is my ultimate combo! The wonderful Pillowtalk duo by Charlotte Tilbury. The lipliner is great as a standalone product to just trace around the outline of your lips to make them appear fuller. Added with the Pillowtalk lipstick works like a dream: a great pinky nude to create the ‘Your lips but better’ look.
9. HIGHLIGHTER: You can’t go wrong with Benefit’s High Beam highlighter. Very subtle liquid highlighter, not too glittery or shiny. Great for the inner corners of your eyes, on the brow bone, as well as upper cheekbones.
Hope you found this routine useful – please let me know your thoughts and if you have any recommendations!